Screen4All Forum was organized by Le Club HD and 7th degree Consulting, and sponsored by the local government of Seine-Saint-Denis, CNC (France’s national film authority) and Est Ensemble; the event was attended by many professionals and gathered global experts who presented the latest developments in disruptive technologies and new usages in film, television and new screens.
Rich series of conferences
The event’s intensive schedule, offering both workshops and conferences, covered topics related to technological innovations in a number of fields, ranging from video gaming to augmented reality and including the future of film. Industry experts also explored issues connected to post-production and funding solutions. Companies present included My Major Company, Ulule and Kiss Kiss Bank Bank.
Village and Demo Zone
Key players such as Striimin.in, Orad, Ulule, and Nexyad, but also promising start-ups such as Giroptic and Push-Pull TV, presented their products and services to the forum’s visitors in a friendly setting. Screen4All Forum featured the first presentations on the French market of a number of products, including Canon’s EOS Cinema C100 Mark II camera, Newtek’s TriCaster Mini, RubyLight projectors and Fotokite’s drone.
A comprehensive training course
Screen4All Campus, the training session offered during Screen4All Forum, gathered 15 learners from European countries. These 15 professionals had come from countries such as the United Kingdom, Denmark, Spain and Croatia, and followed classes offered by eight trainers from France, the Netherlands, Finland and the USA, who shared their expertise on specialized subjects. Sponsored by the EU’s MEDIA program, Screen4All Campus provided these learners with the tools to face the challenges of new screens, from funding to production.
The awarded producers of Dimension 3 Festival
Four prizes, as well as a « Jury’s favorite », were given during the award ceremony at Dimension 3 Festival, an event dedicated to international contents in 3D and 4K.
– The festival’s Grand Prize was awarded to French documentary D-Day: Normandy 1944, with François Cluzet, directed by Pascal Vuong and produced by French company N3D LAND FILMS; the film’s makers received a Blackmagic Cinema 4K camera.
– The Creativity award, along with an HP ZBook 14 Ultrabook™ workstation, was given to animated Estonian film Lisa Limone and Maroc Orange, a Rapid Love Story, directed by Mait Laas and produced by Arvo Nuut, Andrus Raudsalu, Misha Jaari and Mark Lwoff, as well as by Nukufilm.
– The award for Best 4K film, along with a one-year subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud, was given to Mysteries of the Unseen World, directed by Louie Schwartzberg and produced by Jini Durr and Lisa Truitt.
– The award for Best 3D film, along with a one-year subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud, was given to French documentary Amazonia, directed by Thierry Ragobert and produced by Gédéon Programmes.
– The jury’s Favorite 3D film was German documentary Inside the Great War, directed by Nikolai Vialkowitsch and produced by Stefanie Knoll and Gunnar Dedio.
– The jury’s Favorite 4K film was French short film Diagnostic, directed by Fabrice Bracq and produced by Sam Bouchard.
Screen4All upcoming events are:
Screen4All Health: June, 2015
Screen4All Forum and Screen4All Campus: October, 2015
You can follow Screen4All Forum on social networks: